I did my value study for the day, but it's locked away. The trouble I have with value studies is that they highlight a difficulty I have with acrylics: blending. My value studies feel blocky and severe. So not that I don't have blocky in my work..but usually there is a line around it. It may take me a few tries to get use to that style change sans line.
So in its place is a bouquet that started as a black and white painted sketch. It was fun to add color in an abstract way, and I tried to pay some heed to the original values.
I have some work to do: Lighten the background, add back in the branches, this and that. I want to keep it pretty abstracted in nature.
Black and whites after the jump.